Friday, June 2, 2017

June 2: First Stop--Lima

I arrived to Lima last night around midnight and stayed at the airport hotel for the night. I am now preparing to board my flight to Cusco. So far, I really like the people. I've had good "customer service" at the airport and hotel. 

I also really like the food (of course!) This morning, breakfast consisted of crepes, pancakes, chocolate cake, potatoes, chicken stir fry, varieties of cheese, guacamole, carrots, "turkey ham", papaya, watermelon, pineapple, cantalope, scrambled eggs, coffee, fresh pineapple juice, and yogurt (pictured below). 

And before I forget, if you ever travel through Lima, here are my tips:

Stay at the airport hotel. It's a little expensive, but it is worth it for the convenience and comfort of a bed. To get to the hotel, I recommend going up to the second floor of the airport and taking the bridge across, rather than wading into the mass of taxi drivers outside. The staff in the hotel speak English (as do the majority of the workers in the airport), so no worries there. I did have to wait about 20 minutes in line at the hotel to check in, but I was in my room within an hour of my plane landing. The hotel provides free breakfast that starts at 4am and goes until 10am. It is great! There's a good mixture of Peruvian breakfast and American comforts. Before your next flight, I recommend leaving your hotel room about an hour before your boarding time, roughly an hour and a half before your departure. This is PLENTY of time to check out of the hotel, check your baggage, walk around the airport, go through security, get a beverage, and get to your gate. It took me 35 minutes to do all that!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

July 31: The Return Comparison

After enjoying Wednesday and Thursday in Miraflores, a very upscale part of Peru located along the coast, I returned home on a 6-hour flight...